What do you want your social media strategy to achieve? There are three broad options: raising awareness, developing loyalty, and increasing sales. Here are some ways to get you started:
- Listening: Listen to how and what others are saying about your business but also listen to what your customers might want more of.
- Communicating: Try getting your specific message across to your target audience. This will show your current advertising efforts and make it more socially interactive.
- Make it Viral: Try the word of mouth strategy and connect with key influences. If customers in your industry are happy with you, go ahead and make them spread the word (Retweet, Share, Like, Google +1’s etc).
- Customer Care: Social Media indeed is becoming the future customer service of every business. You can help your customers with a support inquiry; but also, other customers can help each other when they have a question or concern about your products or services.
- Understand your Customer’s Needs: Receive customer feedback by creating a feedback form, complaints form, or survey in your social media page. This is a better way to understand the needs of your potential or existing customers.
After you have figured out what you want your customers to get out of your media strategy and what your customers want to see from your company, you can put together a main goal based of everyone’s needs.